Well the closing has been postponed. Seems a legal statement that is state law there wasn't submitted by the estate lawyer of the woman we are buying the house from and the attorney is out of town until Monday. So we are looking at a week to 10 day delay.
They weren't even going to tell us this and let us come all the way down. I hadn't heard from the realtor about the financial needs from us for closing and she didn't respond to my email so I called the title company myself and found out late this morning. The sellers didn't know about it either.
The trip is still on though. The sellers (sons of the deceased) told us to come on down they would give us the key. Bossman will be able to get his driver license and open a bank account anyway.
It's incredibly windy here today and taking things out to the van, the wind caught the screen door and ripped it out of my hand and pulled it right off the trim! So now we have a very unhappy camper fixing that!
We had an offer on the house today too! I am conflicted as the young gal trying to get the loan didn't put down a deposit and this gentleman is offering cash.
Anyhoo, as my son says, we are off. Positive thoughts my way please. Long trip with grumpy!