'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A Tale of Two Murders by Elizabeth Ferrars

A witty man, quietly charming, could be good company: that was Stephen Gazeley.

and yet... And yet...

His sister Hilda, housekeeping for him since the  tragic death of his wife, had to admit that people did turn against him. Even his own wife in the year before she died. Daughter Katherine's fiancĂ© and his parents. His oldest friend. Even the gardener...

But it was only after the first murder that Hilda began to see things as they were, rather than as she wished they could be.

And found the process very, very uncomfortable...


Another solid page turner by Elizabeth Ferrars. I haven't read one yet that I didn't enjoy!

Peggy Ann

3 comments:

  1. I saw on goodreads that you liked this, Peggy. I am the same way, I have liked every one by Ferrars that I read. I may not have read as many as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look out for this one. I think I've already read all of her books that I have but she wrote so many of them, I have a lot to track down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like her Felix and Virginia series but every one of her books is good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...