'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Florida Finds

Last week we were in Panama City Beach Florida. I have to say I was not impressed with the area at all! Yes the ocean was a gorgeous turquoise color and the sand pure white, but if your not golfing or swimming there is nothing to do and its not pretty, scrubby, flat and nothing but huge condos. There wasn't even any real decent shopping. Of course it was December and they got an unusual cold snap and the first two days were rain and fog so thick we couldn't see the ocean. Maybe I need to go in the summer.

We (being me and two girlfriends that went with us) did go to a couple charity shops and Bealls (bells) Outlet, which is a discount store I love to get in when we are in FL. and roamed around an antique shop in Panama City. Other than that we played a lot of cards and read while Bossman golfed, golfed, golfed.  But I have to share this wonderful find from the antique store with you. I was so tickled when I found them and they were under $25...



Aren't they beautiful bookends! I thought Irish Wolfhounds when I first saw them but I think they are Scottish Deerhounds!

I did manage to pick up four books. We could only find one bookstore and I only got the Elizabeth Daly there. The others I got at Goodwill.

A Killer's Christmas in Wales has a lovely cover and I'll read it for this Christmas!


I'll be posting a few pictures in the next couple days of the area.


5 comments:

  1. What great bookends! I thought Irish Wolfhounds, too, at first, and Jack still thinks they are. But, as you know, Deerhounds have pointier noses and Wolfhounds have squarer noses, in general. We've had three Irish Wolfhounds (Morgan, Siobhan, and Bridey) and just spent several minutes fondly remembering their different noses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Glad I brought a sweet memory back for you, Joan. The more I looked at them the sleekness of the head made me think Deerhound. Either way I love them!

      Delete
  2. Wish I could have seen you while you were in Florida.....maybe next time! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip, and the beaches are beautiful there.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Paula! I was surprised how far it is from there to those I love in FL.

      Delete
  3. Beautifully crafted bookends!
    [Valerie]

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...