'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, December 9, 2016

Abernethy and a Very Old Pictish Tower

A short stop in Abernethy to look at the Pictish Round Tower. One of only two left. We didn't climb to the top, but you can! This tower was thought to have been built around 1100. Click on the link above for a look around the website for this tower!

Abernethy is a very ancient town, thought to date back over 2,000 years ago! We didn't mooch around it much, really just stopped in to show me the tower. You can read about the town HERE.




This churches The Kirk of St. Bride and it was dedicated in 457 AD!







A monkey puzzle tree








This stone is dated to around 600 and was found on the foundation of a home and moved here to the tower last century. Pretty amazing to be around things so old!

And on my last evening in Scotland it gave me a double rainbow as a going away gift!



And that's it for this trip! Maybe, if I'm lucky, there will be another one!

Stay tuned for Panama Beach Florida next! That's where I am this week.

Peggy Ann

1 comment:

  1. I've always read of monkey puzzle trees, and I must say after seeing this picture, I think they are a little creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...