I got 12 books, one was a Christmas gift for my granddaughter. She wants the new Harry Potter book that just came out, And the Cursed Child, which is a play not a novel. We went to Barnes and Noble to look for it last week and it is only out in hardback and it was $29.99!!!! I couldn't make myself buy it. Sorry authors, but there's no way I'm paying that for a new book. Glad I didn't, because K's had one there used, read once, for $18.99 and then 25% off. So she's getting it for Christmas after all!
Here's my haul...
1. The Cadaver of Gideon Wyck by Alexander Laing set in Maine and the cover caught my attention, It's a Collier Books
2. A Stranger in My Grave by Margaret Millar and when I got home I discovered I already have it. I like this cover much better though.
3. The Judas Window by Carter Dickson
4. Three's a Crowd by Doris Miles Disney
5. The Corpse with Sticky Fingers by George Bagby
6. The Sibyl in Her Grave by Sarah Caudwell this one was on my Amazon wishlist!
7. Miss Hargreaves by Frank Baker this one was on my wishlist too.
8. Emily, Alone by Stewart O'Nan
9. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley I know I've already read this but I thought Isa might like to read it.
10. Slip of the Knife by Denise Mina
11. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
12. Tennessee Gardner's Guide we'll be doing landscaping next year.
Here are a few books I picked up within the last month...
Black-Headed Pins by Constance and Gwenyth Little I love their books, a little slapstick on the side.
The Walk Down Main Street by Ruth Moore my favorite Maine writer.
The Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie this isn't a nice copy, the back cover is missing but its readable.
The House on the Cliff by D.E. Stevenson
We had lunch at Sahib, Gay's first encounter with Indian food! We had the buffet so we got to try lots of dishes. Bossman didn't get a deer, didn't even see one. He did talk to another hunter that said he saw no deer either, but he did see a bear with two cubs! I haven't heard from Gay to see if her hubby and grandson got one or not.