'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, October 10, 2016

Flea Market Book Finds

We've had company from back home all last week. That's why I haven't been around. We were busy everyday sightseeing. One day was spent roaming flea markets and I made a decent haul on used books! I love the small DELL paperback, Vertigo. It's in beautiful shape. I've seen the movie several times but never read the book. And the two Simenon Penguins are really nice too. 

After watching The Durrell's on BBC Two in the Bush should be a fun read. The Durrell's will be coming on PBS here in the States the end of the month so be sure to watch! Great fun show!




Pics coming tomorrow from places we visited this last week and then more from Scotland!

Peggy Ann

4 comments:

  1. No matter how many books I have in my TBR piles, I am always envious of the new books others find. I would like to find more books by Eric Wright. I read Vertigo recently but haven't blogged about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you've read Eric Wright and like him? I've never heard of him but this sounded good. Wish you were here to go to McKays Books in Knoxville with me Tracy!

      Delete
    2. I read his first novel, and it is part of the Charlie Salter series. It seemed slow and quiet to me but I wanted to read more of the series. I did get #2 in the series, just haven't read it yet. The one you have is from a later series. I would happily try any of his books if I found them.

      I too wish I could visit McKays Books with you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...