'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, September 9, 2016

Picadillo

Tried something new last night for dinner. It was delicious and the house smelled so good all day.


Crock Pot Picadillo

Picadillo, a flavorful Cuban dish made with ground beef and a sauce made from simmering tomatoes, green olives, bell peppers, cumin, and spices is one of my family's favorite weeknight meals.

Ingredients:

2 1/2 lbs 93% lean ground beef
1 cup minced onion
1 cup diced red bell peppers
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup minced cilantro
1 small tomato, diced
8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup alcaparrado (manzanilla olives, pimientos, capers) or green olives
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 bay leaves
kosher salt and fresh pepper, to taste

Read the rest of the recipe at Skinnytaste.com

I love her recipes. We are going to be eating a lot of them as Bossman HAS to lose weight. His sugar is borderline now. I've been telling him, but he wouldn't listen! Now its official since the Doc said so. Of course eating two helpings isn't going to help!

I couldn't find the alcaparrado so I just used green olives with pimentos and mixed in capers. I'm going to use the leftovers in a couple of days for stuffed red peppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...