'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, September 16, 2016

Moffatt

The home town of D.E. Stevenson. She is buried there. We didn't get a chance to look up her grave or her house. Did a little shopping and had lunch at The Rumblin' Tum (worse hamburger I've ever eaten! Like rubber).  Moffatt is also known for its sheep heritage. A very busy touristy town with lovely shops.


Katrina and Jack on their way to a book shop!





This is a rook. Look at the enormous thick beak these guys have! A lady was feeding this guy scraps.

From Moffatt we hot-footed it to Linlithgow (is that right Katrina?) for Jack to go to a football game. Along the route we saw a very familiar sight in Scotland, Wind Mills!


And after the football game on the way home going past Falkirk we saw the Kelpies from the highway! We went to the Kelpies last year when I was there.


Peggy Ann
SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. D. E. Stevenson is one of my favorite authors. I really enjoy seeing what her hometown looks like. Maybe I'll get there one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The football match was actually in Falkirk Peggy. We nearly walked our legs off going around that place! The busker was good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't remember and guessed! I was pretty sure I was wrong. Too many towns in short time!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...