'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, August 26, 2016

The Year You Were Born




1958, The year I was born Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov was the most popular book. I found a first American edition for sale for $200. I've never read it. I guess I should!

What was the most popular book the year you were born? Find out!






Posted by Peggy Ann

3 comments:

  1. 1952: The Catcher in the Rye. Not one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doctor Zhivago, I enjoyed that one anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1954. I couldn't get the slide show to work for me so I Googled it. I think it depends on which publisher reports it, but Not As a Stranger by Morton Thompson came up several times. I've never heard of it and doubt if I'll ever read it.

    I agree with you, Joan. The Catcher in the Rye was definitely not one of my favorite books. I would subtitle it: Teenage boy proves how grown-up he is by using the F word many many times.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...