'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, August 15, 2016

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I'm away to Scotland today! I fly out this evening. The fifteen hour ,50 minute flight will get me in there tomorrow afternoon, where Katrina and Jack will be waiting for me! I can't wait! I have two layovers, two hours in Chicago and then three hours in Dublin Ireland! I'll have an Ireland stamp on my passport!

I'll be gone for three weeks. I've scheduled a few post for while I'm gone and I've updated my camera this trip so I can take photos and upload them to my iPad and blog from there! So keep your eyes open for photos!

We are spending 3 nights in Dumfries and Galloway this trip. On the hunt for Belted Galloway Cows! Staying at a farm with them! It's an old cheese house renovated into a vacation cottage. Can't wait! Jack and Katrina surprised me and reserved overnight accommodations near the castle Eilean Donan too! I've always wanted to see that. We will take a day trip over to the Isle of Skye while in that area.

I'm putting on my big girl pants and taking the train, all by myself, from Edinburgh to the west coast for an overnight visit with my friend, author Alan Jones and his wife and some sightseeing there. We've been invited to 'drop by for tea' at James Oswalds! And Jack and Katrina are good friends with author Eric Brown and we are going to visit him too. So I guess you could call this a 'literary' vacation ;)

A jam packed three weeks and I'll probably cry when I have to come home. I'll try not to bring home 54 books again this year!

See you later!

Peggy Ann

8 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time, Peggy! I can't wait to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip! I'll be looking forward to the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great, Peggy. I look forward to your updates on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man alive - 54 books! I didn't realise it was that many! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peggy! Wanted to wish you safe travels on your trip to Scotland. It sounds like a great trip and I look forward to seeing your pictures. Have some extra fun just for me!! Oh and tell Alan Jones and James Oswald I said hi! hehe :-p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...