'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, July 2, 2016

Books!


I've picked up some great books lately!

The one with no picture is a John Buchanan, Mountain Meadow





















The Monica Dickens book is a Mermaid Book addition. It's a pretty little book. I've not ever read anything by her.


I have 5 others that have come in the mail that I'm especially excited about but I'll post about them later!


What new books have come your way lately?

My kids are in for a few days so I'll be busy. See you later!

Peggy Ann

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of those books but I've enjoyed books by most of those authors, it looks like a great haul. I've been very good, the only book I've bought recently is City of the Mind by Penelope Lively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently discovered Elizabeth Cadell and really really like her books. They are being reissued by her family as ebooks and some of they say that many of the print editions were heavily abridged or changed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like her too Audra! That's good to know about the Ebooks because it is hard to come by a print one.

      Delete
  3. These look interesting Peggy. I look forward to your reviews. I just read one book by Margaret Millar recently: Fire Will Freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally found Peter May's Lewis Trilogy, which I'm enjoying. Have one book to go; then I'll have post-good-book slump. Also, discovered Ann Cleeves' Vera Stanhope series and read the latest book. Quite a good way to spend 2 1/2 days -- a virtual vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best way to spend 2 1/2 days, Kathy! Love Peter May! I can't believe I haven't read an Anne Cleeves book! Soon. I have watched the TV series though taken from her Vera books and the Shetland series and loved them.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...