'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Thursday, June 2, 2016

Woody Woodpecker


My Red-headed Woodpecker! He was a little shy at first and flitted away at the first sign of movement but he's getting more brave now and coming more often. He's a good size bird. I adore him!





This one is the female Downy Woodpecker, much smaller than Woody.

2 comments:

  1. I love that red head! Our local woodpeckers in Reno just seem to be brown. But they work very diligently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audra, the male Downy's have a red cap too, just much smaller than this one. Once in awhile a Pileated Pecker shows up on the light pole and he is about 15-17'' tall and has a totally red head and a massive beak! He doesn't come to the feeders though. The other day we had 2 red-headed peckers at the feeder at the same time and a baby Downy that momma was feeding!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...