'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, May 27, 2016

Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman

Publisher: Atria Books
Hardcover: 336
ISBN: 9781501142536

Description

Another wonderful tale from Fredrik Backman! Britt-Marie was a minor character in My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry and got front and center in this book. She is a wonderful character! Backman's characters are quite quirky, but he nails human nature on the head.

The only thing I didn't care for in this book was Mr. Backman had to make the seemingly obligatory nod to homosexuality/bisexuality. I'm really tired of that. It was only briefly mentioned and not explored in the character at all or any kind of an integral part of the story. It showed up for what it is 'political correctness' or whatever you call it. Disappointed at that.

A Backman book is like receiving a gift, a real gem. If you haven't read one yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

You can purchase this book...
Simon & Schuster  (Official Publishers Website)
Amazon US

I received this book through Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion!

Peggy Ann

7 comments:

  1. This author is new to me - going to get one of his books from the library and give it a go. Thanks Peggy Ann! Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole you won't be sorry! Start with A Man Called Ove!

      Delete
  2. I have wondered about this writer before but didn't know enough about his books to give one a try. After reading this review, I'm anxious to find a copy of this one.

    Thanks!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start with a man called Ove if you can. Or at least My Grandmother asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry. You'll be introduced to Britt- Marie in that one and her life with Ken and it will help you understand better for this one. Ove isn't related at all to this one but it was my favorite one so far!

      Delete
    2. Look for for Fredrik Backman in the labels to read my other two reviews.

      Delete

  3. Thanks for the tip, Peggy.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta' love that cover, Peggy Ann. This book sounds like a delight. I love 'delights'. Adding it to my TBR list with serious intent. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...