'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A Friend

I came across this lovely quote sometime ago. So long ago, I don't even remember where I found it. But I love it and thought you might too! It's excellent to put in a card to your BFF!

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together. Knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it. Keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.

Dinah Maria Mulock, author and poet (1826-1887)

If you have one such friend in your life, you are very blessed!

Peggy Ann

2 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite quotes of all time! I think I first discovered it on a calendar years ago, and then one of my daughters used it to make a Mother's Day card for me which I still keep displayed in my kitchen.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...