'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, February 15, 2016

More Books!

We made a run into Kingsport on Friday and I got to stop in at The Book Rack! Thousands of used paperbacks! Great mystery section! My second time here. Very dangerous place for me! I picked up 8...



Sarah Caudwell 
Thus was Adonis Murdered
The Sirens Sang of Murder

Margaret Erskine
The Family at Tammerton

Carter Dickson (John Dickson Carr)
The Skeleton in the Clock
(Sir Henry Merrivale Mystery)

Alan Hunter
Landed Gently  (George Gently series)

Mary Stewart
Airs Above the Ground
Nine Coaches Waiting
This Rough Magic


5 comments:

  1. Oh, that would be a very dangerous place for me. Truly. LOL

    You have 2 of my favorite Mary Stewart books - Airs Above the Ground and This Rough Magic. Vivid settings in both. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are two shops here, Kay. I think there might be a third one but I have to check and see if its still open. Looking forward to reading the Mary Stewarts!

      Delete
  2. I am envious of your access to all those used bookstores. I have The Skeleton in the Clock and Landed Gently and the two Sarah Caudwell books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the library just announced their annual book sale, Tracy! Last year they sold 75,000 books and said this year is looking like it will well surpass that! Can't wait for April!

      I watched the George Gently TV series but this will be my first book in the series. Enjoyed the TV show.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you have got close to heaven already! Let me know when you get around to a Mary Stewart and we can do a readalong.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...