'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Live From Greeneville!

Finally we are here and hooked up! It's been a long, drawn out move. One big trip with the truck but we've been back and forth so many times since with the van getting small loads of garage stuff and taking care of getting my dad situated (that's another story, soon). We haven't been here long enough to get the cable and internet on. A tech was scheduled for Friday, but never showed up. The soonest they could reschedule was today. Yikes, that meant we would miss the big play-off games for our teams, the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers! So we just jumped in the van and went back to Pennsylvania and made it home in time for the Steeler's game. It was well worth an 8 hour drive!!! But we are here now and not going anywhere at least until spring. Maybe I'll get all the boxes unpacked and find the toaster!!

Lots to do so this is short and sweet today, I'll post more soon. I have several books read to catch up on. Here's a bit of interesting trivia for you...

The Ten Commandments Of The Golden Age Of Detective Fiction Were Intended To Prevent?






Later!
Peggy Ann

12 comments:

  1. So happy to have you back! I'm glad you're finally settled, or maybe I should say 'situated'. It'll take time to get settled. That was a very exciting Steelers game, so I'm glad you didn't miss it. The Patriots are my home team, but my second in line team is the Steelers. Best wishes in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. Both our teams are out of it now :(. I'm a Packers fan and Dave is the Steelers fan. I guess we have to cheer for the Broncos now as Peyton Manning went to college here and everyone around here roots for him.

      Starting to feel more like home everyday. You'd love it here, everywhere we go there are cows on the hillsides! I love it.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are settled in with internet access. I look forward to more posts. All the way back to Pennsylvania for a football game, Wow. You are fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, we are crazy is what we are!! We still had a few things stored at my mother in laws too so we just took the opportunity to pick them up too.

      Delete
  3. Now you can get on with finding that toaster! You'll have great fun turning your house into a home. Take your time and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up and bought another toaster, Katrina! If that one is in a box that accidentally got put up in the storage shed it will be spring before we get to that!

      Delete
  4. Only the toaster to find? That's good going.
    Seriously, I hope you have a great time in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack! I'm sure we will love it here once we get all the work out of the way and get to play :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you soon settle into your new home, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cath. Have all the books unpacked now so it's home!

      Delete
  6. Hi Peggy! Glad you are getting settled in. I hope you can find some time for reading! You'll need some breaks, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, without internet I've gotten quite a few books read these last two months! Now to keep the momentum rolling with the internet on...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...