'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Big Day

Today is the big packing out day! We picked up the 26 ft. moving truck and trying to get everything in it has begun. I'm exhausted and will be so glad when this is all over. Our Ford utility van is packed to the gills and the old blue bomb is packed up to. Bossman will drive the moving truck towing the blue bomb, brother Tom will drive the Ford van and I will drive the station wagon. We will be pulling out tomorrow morning bright and early.

I have an Ian Rankin book, Saints of the Shadow Bible, downloaded on my iPad to listen to in the car. I have to drive 8 hours by myself! Not looking forward to that. Also downloaded a Franny Flagg book, The All-Girls Service Station's Last Reunion, so I should be set.

The plan is to unload everything and then take brother-in-law Tom for a day in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge before we head back to Pennsylvania to sign over our home here to the new owner on Monday. Then on to Maryland and Christmas with grandkids and a little break before heading home to TN and getting started on unpacking and organizing.

Not sure how soon we will get internet set up so I might be offline for a little while. I have a few post set to post automatically. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year if I don't talk to you before then!

❤️ Peggy Ann

5 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip to your new home. It's so exciting and I can't wait to hear all about it (and see a lot of photos, too!). Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. I hope the New Year is filled with new friends, happy adventures, and contentedly settling in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much 'stuff' you still have to move, that truck is huge! I hope you all have a safe trip there and back - and there again. It's all so exciting, if a bit daunting, but I'm sure this is going to be a good move for you both. I hope your internet doesn't take too long to get sorted out. Merry Christmas and Happy 2016 - if we don't get a chance to catch up before then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels, good luck, and Merry Christmas! I know this is all exhausting, but it's pretty exciting, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are brave to move your stuff. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, everyone. It's certainly been an adventure! But I've been loud and clear I will never move again unless a moving company does it! It's been quite hairy but that's a post for the future!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...