'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Thursday, December 24, 2015

Read Scotland 2015 Wrap-up

Another good year of reading Scotland! I met my challenge although I was sweating it out the last month with the move and all. On a whole this was a really bad reading year for me. Just too much going.

  1. The Vital Spark by Neil Munro
  2. Go to Helena Handbasket by Donna Moore
  3. The Glenvarroch Gathering by Susan Pleydell
  4. The Lewis Man by Peter May
  5. Standing in Another Man's Grave by Ian Rankin
  6. The Umbrella Maker's Daughter by Janet Caird
  7. A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley
  8. At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen
  9. The Day She Died by Catriona MacPherson
  10. The Gowk Storm by Nancy Brysson Morrison
  11. Dead Men's Bones by James Oswald
  12. It Could Happen to You by Isla Dewar
  13. The Franchise Affair by Josephine Tey
  14. A Kind of Grief by A.D. Scott
  15. Wildfire at Midnight by Mary Stewart
  16. Thy Brother Death by E.X. Ferrars
  17. Pink Sugar by O. Douglas
  18. Cold in the Earth by Aline Templeton
  19. The Yellow on the Broom by Betsy Whyte
  20. The Road Dance by John MacKay
  21. The Clydesiders by Margaret Thomson Davis
  22. Another Dash o' Doric by Norman Harper and Robbie Shephard
  23. Thunder on the Right by Mary Stewart
  24. Tinker's Pride by Nigel Tranter
  25. Last of the Line by John MacKay
  26. Saints of the Shadow Bible by Ian Rankin

My favorite one would have to be The Lewis Man by Peter May. Excellent story and gorgeous writing. Love this series!

Also really liked Cold in the Earth by Aline Templeton, It Could Happen to You by Isla Dewar and The Road Dance and Last of the Line by John MacKay, all new authors for me this year.  The Day She Died by Catriona MacPherson was excellent too!

Least liked, The Clydsiders by Margaret Thomson Davis.

Looking forward to next year's reading and new authors. Did you sign on for next year yet? What are you waiting for?!

Peggy Ann



4 comments:

  1. I did read load of Scottish books this year but never got round to telling about them. A few are on your list. Read the Peter May Hebrides trilogy last year. Loved them. This year read about 5 of James Oswald's books. AnywayI must have reached about 25 books. Not sure if I'll go for the challenge in 2016 though I do still have a a pile of Scottish books to read. Maybe a lesser level instead. Hope you had a lovely Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they make a TV show from Oswald's books, Evee! Don't think the series would make a good show? We had a lovely Christmas, thanks, hope you did too. And I hope your staying dry and the rain is done over at your place!!

      Delete
  2. I only read Saints of the Shadow Bible on this list, but Lewis Man is on my TBR list and I'll move it up.

    Just finished Blood, Salt, Water by Denise Mina, a favorite author of mine. Bleak, but very intelligent and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy I have yet to read a Denise Mina book, but have one on the shelf for this year!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...