'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, November 14, 2015

Signed, Sealed and Delivered

Last Monday we went to Tennessee for the closing. All the I's are dotted and the T's crossed and the house is now ours, free and clear! Hard to believe! We stayed there Monday night and did some errands on Tuesday morning, driver's license, bank account, tags on the cars, and then drove home. Very long two days! It's an 8 hour drive between homes. Lots of driving!

I was amazed at the avalanche of emotions that hit me on Tuesday. I was so excited about this move and the house and all of a sudden standing in the bank I was overcome with sheer terror! Are we making a mistake? What have we done? How will I stand being away from everyone? I wanted to sit down and cry! The ride home was hard. Of course I now realize that its probably fairly normal to have those crazy thoughts when there are so many major changes going on in ones life. The retirement, Bossman home all the time, change in finances and the major move! It will all be wonderful I'm sure and I'm feeling much calmer now!

I'm excited about the house and the changes we are going to do to make it ours! Looking forward to sitting in my warm cosy den, which I think will become a library, with a fire going and a good mystery in my hands!  You can take a look at the street view of the house here. We are going to add a garage to the right of the carport eventually.

We did make time for me to run into one of the used book stores and let me see if they had Jane Langton books and look what I got!


Now the work and chaos begins! Does it look like I'm moving?

This is just books, pretty much all of them except my cookbooks...

I've been to the DIY to look at paint colors and washers and dryers, we are getting new ones and leaving ours go with this house. My how washing machines have changed since I last bought one. Might take some getting use too! I've decided I am just going to get new kitchen cupboards as the kitchen is very old and outdated so I looked around at them too. I've never gotten to re-model so this is going to be fun! I'm debating about one wall painted Delicious Red in the kitchen/dining-room combo! Daring, I'm not sure yet. Right now its dark wood paneling and that has to go! White cupboards for sure to lighten up the room.  The bathroom will need some updating too, but first the kitchen! Then I wish I could have you all over for coffee!

I better get busy!

Peggy Ann

7 comments:

  1. It looks really lovely. I think everyone is nervous about such big changes in their life, and it's worse when you are older. It's all a big adventure when you're a youngster. You're going to have a great time putting your own style into your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we will. Can't wait to just get there. So much on my plate right now in addition to moving. I'll need a wee trip to Scotland soon!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Peggy! I understand your emotions completely. It's hard to make so many big changes all at once. I feel sure you'll settle into your new home and be very happy there.
    And what a haul of Jane Langton mysteries! They'll keep you occupied for a while! Isn't it great when you find a whole pile of books you've been looking for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Joan! Those bookstores will be the death of me though!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the move, and the renovations you're planning! There's something so satisfying about updating the big things like kitchens, I hope you get it exactly how you want it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thanks for stopping by ;=)

      Delete
  4. Oh you are SO fortunate to be re-doing a kitchen in your new home, Peggy Ann. I love white kitchen cabinets - good choice! And red walls - divine! I don't blame you for wanting to lighten the darkness. :) If you have wall space, don't forget how nice framed art looks on kitchen walls. So cheery. Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...