'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Sunday, October 4, 2015

Dinner Plate

I have SO many, no really, SO many recipes saved on Pinterest it just isn't funny. So today I tried one for supper. It's a keeper!




Mississippi Pot Roast, so easy, so good! Get the recipe at Plain Chicken.

For a side I wanted to make another Pinterest recipe for Lemon Orzo but I didn't have a lemon so I improvised and made it Parmesan Orzo.

Parmesan Orzo

1 Tbs. butter
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 cup orzo
1 large clove of garlic minced
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 3/4 cup of chicken broth
1/3 cup parmesan
salt and pepper

Heat butter and oil together in a medium saucepan. Add orzo and toast stirring over medium heat until it begins to toast, about 2 minutes. Make a small well and add garlic and thyme and heat about 30 sec. just until fragrant. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Turn to simmer and cook 8-10 minutes until liquid is absorbed

Remove from heat and add parmesan and salt and pepper.

After we ate I got a big thank you and that was really good!

What was on your dinner plate?

Peggy Ann




1 comment:

  1. Nice! I'm a Pinterest junkie, myself. I had to make a separate account just for recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...