'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Thursday, October 29, 2015

Closing postponed!

Well the closing has been postponed. Seems a legal statement that is state law there wasn't submitted by the estate lawyer of the woman we are buying the house from and the attorney is out of town until Monday. So we are looking at a week to 10 day delay.

They weren't even going to tell us this and let us come all the way down. I hadn't heard from the realtor about the financial needs from us for closing and she didn't respond to my email so I called the title company myself and found out late this morning. The sellers didn't know about it either.

The trip is still on though. The sellers (sons of the deceased) told us to come on down they would give us the key. Bossman will be able to get his driver license and open a bank account anyway.

It's incredibly windy here today and taking things out to the van, the wind caught the screen door and ripped it out of my hand and pulled it right off the trim! So now we have a very unhappy camper fixing that!

We had an offer on the house today too! I am conflicted as the young gal trying to get the loan didn't put down a deposit and this gentleman is offering cash.

Anyhoo, as my son says, we are off. Positive thoughts my way please. Long trip with grumpy!

Peggy Ann

7 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear the delay in closing is not delaying your trip. I had read earlier today about all things you were going to be doing there. Makes me tired, but sounds very exciting. I like that, "long trip with grumpy."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Tracy, we ended up not going after all. Found out he can't get his drivers license without proof of residency which we don't have yet so I convinced him to just wait!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the closing delay, but glad the sellers are letting you into the house anyway.

    And, as my husband always says, "NBC" - nothing beats cash ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely NBC, JoAnn. Thing is we are paying cash for our house in TN and you'd think that would have simplified the process! And they wanted us to move the closing date forward! They couldn't even manage it with a month to prepare for it.

      Delete
  3. Don't things always seem to go this way?! I'm sure it'll all get worked out in the end. It's just getting to the end that can be stressful.
    I'm steaming over a 50% increase in my health insurance! Just the thought or researching for another policy is making me ill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! 50% I'd be more than steamed! How are people to live? We've had news that the cheap medical insurance that was available to us as retirees is now not going to be available. That puts a money wrench in the budget!

      Delete
  4. I hope grumpy cheered up at some point. What a pain that delay is, but those guys are great for allowing you to get the keys anyway. I know you wanted that youngster to get your house but you have to think of yourselves, she may not have been able to get a loan anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...