'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Tuesday, August 25, 2015

It's Official

Retirement is in. Bossman put in his papers today and November 30th is his last day! 38 years! Feeling excited and scared silly. Going to Tennessee the end of September to look at houses. I have to get busy finding a realtor and getting places lined up to look up. We'll stay a week. Hopefully we find something right away. This looking out of state is all new to us. Having the travel trailer to stay in while we do is nice though. Then we have to get this place sold! Exciting and scary!

On another note, the computer is dead. This morning I went looking and came home with a new one. I splurged and got a Mac. It was only $300 more so I thought 'go for it!' Can't wait to get it up and running. My, how technology has changed in just the 6 years since I bought my last computer.

We were away last weekend up in Erie at the lake. Found a used bookstore! But it's late so what books I found will have to wait until next time!

Good night!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to you both! It's a good kind of scared, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so exciting. Looking forward to hearing about your house hunting adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I too look forward to hearing about your further adventures, Peggy Ann. You are going to have so much fun. Congrats to the Bossman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting, I can't wait to see the houses you visit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...