'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Library Book Sale

Only got 3 books at the library sale. Actually missed it completely, but they always keep leftover books on a cart in the hall all year so I found 3 on it. One is a beautiful red hardback copy of Charles Dickens The Tale of Two Cities. Written very neatly in the front is Michael Parahus Geneva College Tues. 22 Oct. 1946. I'm thrilled with it! I love owning old books someone else loved!


I also picked up The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. Also Fisherman's Bend by Linda Greenlaw thinking I had read her other mystery Slip Knot and here it was Fisherman's Bend I'd read. Darn.




Peggy Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...