'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Thursday, May 7, 2015

K. Day

As in Katrina Day! I'm here at her house in Scotland! Arrived Wednesday at 7:30 a.m.  We've been talking and planning about this visit for 2 years! I have to tell you, Katrina and Jack are two of the loveliest people I've ever met! Katrina writes the blog Pining for the West.  

I survived my first international flight even though my flight out of Pittsburgh was 2 hours late! I was worried about making the connecting flight to Edinburgh but made it with about a half hour to spare! 


I had a seat on the first flight right at the propeller! We made good time between Pittsburgh and Newark though shaving a half hour off the time. We got there with about 45 minutes to spare. 
Must have had a good tailwind to Edinburgh as we shaved 1/2 hour off it too arriving in just 6 1/2 hrs. 

Not sure what city this is we're flying over. 

Strange clouds wonder if it's a storm? And I caught the sunrise over the North Atlantic!



Yesterday we walked around Kirkcaldy and saw The Harbour House, the house from O. Douglas' book The House That Was Our Own. It's now a coffee shop. Today we went to Falkland and walked around the village and a really old cemetery. Got great pics! Will post them when I get home. I don't have a fancy camera that I can post right away. Then walked through the the woods to Markinch so they could vote.  Another old village with gorgeous homes. 

Tomorrow we're off to Fliskmillan Farm to meet author James Oswald and hold the lambs and see the hairy coos I'm so excited about that! Saturday is the antiques fair and HUGE used book sale in Edinburgh! 

Stay tuned for more updates!

Peggy Ann

5 comments:

  1. So exciting! Sounds like you're having a wonderful trip already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, how exciting. I love those photos of the plane trip. Looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the UK, Peggy! Hope you have a wonderful visit to Scotland. It's so beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michty me Peggy, you Yanks don't half gush, we're just normal, whatever that might be! Those photos are fab, and we're looking forward to showing you around as much of Scotland as we can fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be like being there without the jet lag! Can't wait to see all the photos and hear all the stories!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...