'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Knickerbocker Glory

I was treated to a British classic dessert today in Peebles. A knickerbocker glory! We watched a cooking show the other day and Mary Berry was making one and I said what in the world is a knickerbocker glory?! So today Jack treated us all to one. Evee got a Banoffee Split. 


Delicious! Here's the recipe
http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/535924/mary-berry-s-knickerbocker-glory

It was great finally meeting Evee in person and we had a nice day. Peebles is a really nice town and she showed us where the Buchan's, John and Anna ( O. Douglas), lived. Looking forward to Evee going to the Highlands with us this week. 

Peggy Ann

7 comments:

  1. Funnily enough I always thought Knickerbocker Glory was an American invention. Glad you got to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's terrific that you're having such a good time. I can't believe how much sightseeing and food and books you're getting in. It's truly a trip of a lifetime, especially with Jack and Katrina as your hosts and guides. Lucky lady! (I'd have to pass on that Knickerbocker Glory, though. It looks like an instant upset stomach to me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack and Katrina are the best Joan! It's truly a gift they are giving me!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy the Highlands - no more beautiful place on earth if you ask me! Knickerbocker Glories are AMAZING - though there are lots more Scottish sweeties you need to be introduced to! Snowballs and tablet for two - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Claire to both enjoying the the Highlands and eating tablet. I did have snowballs already. Toured Glasgow today and had my first fish and chips take out experience.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful trip. Not only great hosts, adventures, farms, authors, books, beautiful towns, the Highlands -- but now the desserts! I have never heard of a Knickerbocker Glory but will gladly look it up. Do calories ever affect anyone over there?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...