'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, April 24, 2015

This, That and the Other

A few links to some interesting things I've come across lately. Thought you might like them too.

Especially this one for booklovers in the US!
The Book Thing of Baltimore, Inc.
FREE books! Hundreds of them. A trip to Baltimore is in my future!

Ever think about learning html? Here's a good cheat sheet for you. This blog looks really interesting for bloggers. Lots of how to's.

Like taking photographs but don't know how to use the manual mode on your camera? Here's a good cheat sheet for that. Hoping I can learn to do this on mine!

Sawny Bean the Hannibal Lector of Olde Scotland.

Did you know that the Black Dahlia, Elizabeth Short, was born with the rare condition vaginal agenesis? I had never heard of this before reading James Ellroy's book about the murder. Good news for women born with this affliction! They can now produce vagina's in the laboratory and transplant them! Science is amazing.

Do you watch the AMC series Mad Men? Here's a list of all the books characters in the series are seen reading or talking about.

Honey recipes

Did you know Abraham Lincoln penned a 'true-crime' tale?

Tuesday I had an Epidermal Inclusion Cyst removed from my chest. Vanity, vanity! It wasn't a danger or anything I just didn't fancy a big bump on my chest, very unattractive :(  Here's a video of a doctor removing one. It's not me, found it on Youtube. My cyst didn't have that dark ring around it. Just looked like I had a robin's egg sitting under the skin. Just a tad sore now and I'll have a small scar, but that's better than a big bump! Any good ideas as to a 'fun' story as to how I got that scar?

Who wants this game?!


This game looks a right laugh!
Posted by UNILAD on Monday, April 20, 2015


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the blogger know how info and passed on the Baltimore bookstore info to daughter there.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...