'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Week Away

Just got home from a week at my son's in Maryland. We had a wonderful week together just being home and normal routine. While the kids were at school and Paul was at work my daughter-in-law and I roamed a few thrift shops. She knows her old mother-in-law well! I found a like new L.L. Bean lined, corduroy Jacket for $6! Looks like this only mine is a soft purple shade. Got 3 books, 44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith and The Book of Evidence by John Banville and Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home cookbook.

Listened to the audio book, Standing in Another Man's Grave by Ian Rankin on the trip down and home. Good book! So much better in audio being read by a Scot the accent makes it so much more atmospheric. I think I'll read all his books that way!

We also went to a grocery outlet run by the Amish. BB's Grocery Outlet, quality salvage and surplus merchandise. Amazing store! I found Cardamom for 75 cents! and it wasn't expired! My daughter-in-law, Stephanie, makes a trip up there every so often to stock up on things like canned good, taco and burrito shells, cereal and the fresh produce is unbelievably cheap!

Wednesday night it started snowing (after a whole day of rain!) and by late Thursday afternoon we had 10 inches on top of ice. No school or work Thursday and Friday. Friday was a fun day in the snow...







9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful visit. And a daughter-in-law who will thrift shop with you is a blessing! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Tami! And she always takes me to the used bookstores near them too!

      Delete
  2. Glad you had such a good visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great snow pictures! Looks like all are having a great time! Your week sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the dog the most fun, Kay! She was stiff and wobbly the next day though. Getting old.

      Delete
  4. That looks like an idyllic lifestyle they have - tree house - what more could you want. I'm glad you had such an enjoyable break away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, Katrina. It was nice to get to stay more than 2-3 days too.

      Delete
  5. Love the photos of your family enjoying the snow!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...