'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Sunday, February 1, 2015

Turning the Tables on Interviews





SCOTTISH CRIME AUTHOR NEEDS 
YOU FOR READER INTERVIEWS.

I wish I could say that this was my idea, but I read about another author doing it and I thought - what a great way of getting feedback from people about reading in general, what they think of my books and what they are looking for in a good read. It makes a change from authors being interviewed, and would take the format of a general section where the questions would be about your reading habits, followed by a more specific section about your views on 'Blue Wicked', my second Glasgow crime thriller, which has an unusual pair of investigators!

I am looking for five readers to take part, on a first come, first served basis, and I would be happy to give each participant a free copy of my book (Mobi or ePub) to let them evaluate it. Peggy has kindly let me post this in the Read Scotland 2015 Goodreads group, and on her blog.

The book is very gritty and gruesome, with a fair bit of bad language, so I wouldn't recommend it for the faint hearted, but if you like full-blooded Scottish crime with a large slice of realism, I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy it.

I'll post as many of the interviews as I can on my website, www.bluewicked.co.uk.

Please reply to me on alanjonesbooks@gmail.com if you’d like to take part.



ALAN JONES, AUTHOR OF ‘THE CABINETMAKER’ & ‘BLUE WICKED’
READER’S INTERVIEW

What’s your name?

How old are you? (be vague if you want!)


Section 1 - General reading habits

What age were you when you got hooked on books?

What was your favourite childhood book?

What are your favourite genres now?

What is the best book you have ever read?

How many books do you read, on average, per month?

Do you prefer paper books or electronic books?

Where do you read most?

Who is your favourite author, and why?

Do you ever go back and read books again?



Section 2 - ‘Blue Wicked’
Did you enjoy the book?

Who was your favourite character?

Did you find any of it difficult to read, and why?

Would you want to read another book by Alan Jones?

Was the book too long, too short, or just about right?

Did you have any problem with the Glasgow slang words used in the book?

Did you make use of the slang dictionary or glossary at the end of the book?

Did you access the audio version of the slang dictionary on the website?

Did you guess the ending before you finished the book?

Was there too much, not enough or the right amount of veterinary content?

Would you like to read more about Eddie and Catherine?

How would you rate ‘Blue Wicked’? (out of 5)

Have you any other comments about Blue Wicked?


Please complete the interview, and return it to me at alanjonesbooks@gmail.com

Thanks for taking part - It’s much appreciated.



Alan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...