'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mail Call

Look what came in the mail today!

'It's a marvellously atmospheric tale, and, I thought, caught exactly the mood and feeling of a small Scottish country town in the Victorian era. it seemed to be full of hills and mist and whispers and carryings-on behind the facade of so called respectable small town life.'   
             ~Diane Pearson (author of CSARDAS)

'Mary Tullis, the umbrella-maker's daughter,...has a touch of the 'Jane Eyres' about her...She (Janet Caird) has also woven a dark tale of country superstition and prejudice...into a satisfying story...well and thoroughly done...We need books like these.'

~Jean Stubbs (author of By Our Beginnings

I loved the two Caird books I read and want to read them all. I was so tickled to find a copy of this book online! Now do I read it as soon as I finish 'The Lewis Man' or do I hold off and savor the thought of reading it for awhile?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...