'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, January 9, 2015

Bout of Books Update

Read-a-thons and I don't get along very well! But I love the idea of them! I am only on my second book, pitiful!! I am about half way through it though hoping to finish it up today and get one more squeaked in by the end of Sunday. That will make 3 and I'll be happy with that. 2 just isn't acceptable:(

Reading Common or Garden Crime (1945), a fun Sheila Pim mystery from Rue Morgue. I love their reprints! Ms. Pim is an Irish author and this is the first of her 4 mysteries. I've read two others. Very enjoyable and full of garden's and flowers.

I'd better get off of here and get back to reading!

Later,
Peggy Ann

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...I know exactly what you mean...I hate the pressure of having to read when I read all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I keep doing this Patty! It should be easy as much as I read and there is no restriction on what I read. The iPad and the jigsaw puzzle sitting on my table have something to do with it though;(

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...