'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Death of Yesterday by MC Beaton

A dead witness. A forgotten crime. Hamish Macbeth never had it so hard as in this newest Highlands mystery!
A dead witness. A forgotten crime. Hamish Macbeth never had it so hard as in this newest Highlands mystery!

When a local woman tells Sergeant Hamish Macbeth that she doesn't remember what happened the previous evening, he's not unduly worried. After all, she's been out drinking and he'd prefer not to be bothered with such an arrogant and annoying woman.

But when her body is discovered in a ditch, Hamish is forced to investigate a crime that the only known witness - now dead - has forgotten... 


This is the 29th book in the Hamish Macbeth series. I've read them all. Light, easy read. I enjoy Hamish, but I think its time he actually gets married. How many times is he going to be engaged to Elspeth let alone other women? The books are getting a little stale for those of us who have been reading from the beginning I think. I did like this one better than Death of a Kingfisher. I really didn't like that one and swore I'd never read another. But Hamish is a charmer:)

Peggy Ann

2 comments:

  1. I just love the Hamish books, even though they are getting stale. I want him to get back with Priscilla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Audra, the last two I read were a little blah, but I still like the trip to Lochdubh. I want Hamish to marry Elspeth. Priscilla is so cold.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...