'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan

This is a wonderful allegorical tale written in 1678. I have a very old print copy and I love it. Pilgrim's Progress is the best selling book in the English language of all time beside the Bible. The Guardian listed it #1 in a list the 100 Best Novels. John Bunyan wrote it while in prison for 10 yrs.

Bunyan was born on November 28, 1628 and in honor of his birthday a new unabridged edition of the original first part of his book is being release in digital format for FREE! There is also a short biography of Bunyan and the preface to this edition was written by John Newton in 1776 to introduce an old version of the book that included his annotations. This preface was discovered by Tony Reinke, biographer of Newton, and is included now in print for the first time in over a century.

If your interested in reading this classic and I think everyone should, you can get your digital copy here in 3 different formats.

Peggy Ann

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read it for years. I like all the Pilgrim's Progress references in Little Women. I live in Bedford, UK which has a lot of John Bunyan connections so I really should read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds like a nice copy to read! I'd love to see a post on what you think of it and some of the local connections you could share with us, Nicola!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...