'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Thursday, November 27, 2014

P.D. James Died This Morning

Author P.D. James, creator of Chief Inspector Adam Dalgliesh, dies peacefully at her home this morning. She was 94.


Read the article noting her passing in The Guardian

Read her obituary  
I was so surprised to read that not only her mother but her husband were in asylums and that she was an administrator over 5 psychiatric hospitals!

Her bibliography

On this American Thanksgiving I'm thankful for all her good tales!

Peggy Ann

4 comments:

  1. Ok...sad...but why did I think that author was a man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was 94 so she had a very good innings, but she always seemed so young when she was speaking on TV. I think she chose to use her initials because men are more likely to read books they think are written by men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad news. I liked her mysteries, but CHILDREN OF MEN is the one that captivated me most. So brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad news, an articulate and amusing lady.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...