'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Sunday, October 5, 2014

Song for Sunday

For Mom


All My Tears (Be Washed Away) written by Buddy & Julie Miller

When I go don't cry for me
In my father's arms I'll be
The wounds this world left on my soul
Will all be healed and I'll be whole
Sun and moon will be replaced
With the light of Jesus' face
And I will not be ashamed
For my savior knows my name
It don't matter where you bury me
I'll be home and I'll be free
It don't matter where I lay
All my tears be washed away
Gold and silver blind the eye
Temporary riches lie
Come and eat from heaven's store
Come and drink and thirst no more
So weep not for me my friend
When my time below does end
For my life belongs to him
Who will raise the dead again
It don't matter where you bury me
I'll be home and I'll be free
It don't matter where I lay
All my tears be washed away
***

Julie has an incredible story. Dutch TV did a documentary of her in 1997. If you have a few minutes to hear it (each video is around 10 minutes long)...
Part one
Part two
Part three
Part four

I first heard this song in the movie Songcatcher. It was about the collection of the music of old Appalachia, my mom's family roots. You can listen to the music of the original soundtrack here or a few clips of the songs in the movie here.  Mom said grandpa always went around singing Barbara Allen when she was a kid.

Love you mom!
Peggy Ann

2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...