'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Sunday, October 19, 2014

End of Event Meme

Well, it's over. It was a whirlwind for me. First time in and jumping in spur of the moment and late. I think I liked it but I might be too tired to tell yet:)

Which hour was most daunting for you? Actually this morning was the hardest! I could not stay awake reading, and after I slept all night too!

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Not really because what engages me might not engage you at all!

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? No, I think it is pretty well organized and established.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Since this was my first time I have nothing to compare it to but I think it works well like it is.

How many books did you read? 1 and 1/3 of a second, which I will go ahead and finish today.

What were the names of the books you read? Case for Sergeant Beef by Leo Bruce and A Taste for Murder by Joanna Cannan

Which book did you enjoy most? Case for Sergeant Beef, excellent book!

Which did you enjoy least? No answer since I only finished one!

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Yes I will join in again. Just as a reader.

I'm not a very good Tweeter and I think that was a large part of the event. When I did tweet I forgot to add the hashtag #readathon! I think I need to work on tweeting if I'm going to do this again!

I loved the fact that I got to put everything else aside and just focus on reading and I loved the mini challenges. I think I will enjoy it better next time as I'll be more prepared and plan ahead! I have very dry eyes and it is hard for me to read for extended periods anymore. Boo Hoo! I must get reading glasses!

And now on to previously scheduled events for the weekend, carpet cleaning!

Until next time, keep reading!
Peggy Ann

2 comments:

  1. Readathon always sounds like so much fun, but I've never been able to make it work with my schedule. I'm still hopeful for spring though. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for participating. I did a few years ago, but not this year.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...