'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, October 18, 2014

15th Hour Read-a-thon Update

Finished book 1, Case for Sergeant Beef by Leo Bruce. I actually only read a total of 4-4 1/2 hours today and only got one book finished. But I did a couple mini challenges, and did start an hour and half late this morning. I had one long phone call take up some time today and a couple power naps as I had been up since 5:30 this morning and a 4 hour dinner date with my son this evening. So not bad for the first time I joined in this read-a-thon.

Starting my next book, The Taste of Murder by Joanna Cannan. Another vintage mystery, my favorite kind! But can I stay awake tonight to read? Doubtful, but we'll see. I'll be up at 5:30 a.m. again if not, and that will give me a couple of hours reading time. Might be do-able to get 2 books done!

Happy reading everyone.

Peggy Ann

2 comments:

  1. This is my sixth readathon and I've never made the entire 24 hours. I've only read one and a half books - too many interruptions and blog socializing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Leslie, the blog socializing is nice but it is not conducive to getting much reading done! Jumping on for a few minutes always turns into longer for me! But I did get a book done I probably wouldn't have without the readathon!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...