'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, September 5, 2014

Sweet Book Surprise!

I ordered an old copy of Agatha Christie's The Hollow on Paperbackswap. The gentleman who was to send it messaged me and said you realize this is a copy from 1968 and the cover has some bumps and scraps and the pages are yellowed, but the binding is relatively tight and the printing very clean. Did I still want it. Of course I told him yes as long as the pages are intact I love old books. Today I got a package from him with The Hollow and all these!



He enclosed a note telling me because I was so gracious about receiving an old book, he sent me a few more. Wasn't that sweet? Made my day!

Peggy Ann

9 comments:

  1. I just downloaded A Murder is Announced from Open Library. It's old! So nice to read an old book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never used Open Library. Are the books free or is there a charge? I'll have to check this out!

      Delete
  2. That is one sweetheart of a guy! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful, Peggy. I love hearing stories like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gesture. So nice that people still do such kind acts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful surprise, Peggy Ann. I love the covers of those Fontana editions, and I remember having that edition of Labors of Hercules, which I foolishly got rid of at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with Tracy. A lovely generous gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people are incredibly kind.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...