'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, September 1, 2014

Monday's Muddle

Happy Labor Day! It's been a while since I've done a muddle, hasn't it? Here you go, hope something strikes your fancy!

How Many English Words Do You 'Actually' Know?  I missed 4! Just good guessing on some though.

For Little House on the Prairie lovers...
The Pioneer Girl Project
Was the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder as wonderful as the TV show portrayed?
Did you know her daughter was an author too? Free Land by Rose Wilder Lane was written in 1938 and re-published in 1984. I had the 1984 book and loaned it out before I read it and never got it back. I bought it at a gift shop in South Dakota. One day I'll get another copy!
Rose Wilder Lane's papers are available online.
Interesting post on why Rose wrote On the Way Home the way she did and disappointed so many readers.
She seemed to be a very interesting woman!

An unpublished chapter of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl was found.

12 WWI facts you might not know

A new roller-coaster due to open in Texas in 2015. Let's just say we rode it and don't!!!!!

Design your own fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap!

Gillespie by J MacDougall Hay. A 1914 Book that sounds interesting. Written by a Scot, set in rural Scotland. Compared to 'The House With Green Shutters'.

Need to sharpen your hole punch?



Which one was your favorite?
Make a great week!

Peggy Ann

1 comment:

  1. I love all of them because I hate controversy and drama. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...