'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, August 30, 2014

Play Catch-up

Happy Saturday everyone! Not too much going on here. Still reading 'Sleeping with the Crawfish'. It's pretty good. Ordered some new books last night from Amazon...
4 Ruth Moore books:
Candlemas Bay
Spoonhandle
Fire Balloon
Speak to the Wind
I LOVED The Weir by her! Fire Balloon is a first edition 1948 in like new condition!

Also on it's way is Moving to Maine: The Essential Guide to Get You There and What You Need to Know to Stay   Hint, hint!

Still on the book front I am waiting for several other books whisking their way to me as we speak!

Suddenly at His Residence by Christianna Brand. This review sent me off to get a copy!

The Hollow by Agatha Christie. This review sent me off to get a copy of it.

The Voice of the Corpse by Max Murray. I saw this one here

Been watching the series Haven from the SyFy channel on Netflix. First episode I thought was a little hokey but I am officially hooked now and am working my way through 4 seasons. When I'm done I'll read Stephen Kings The Colorado Kid which this show is loosely based on.

Its going to be hot, hot, hot today and the humidity is back! Argh!

Recipe wise I've tried a few new ones. No pics, I take terrible pics and my house is just to dark to get good ones.

Tomato Basil Chicken Stew. This one I loved and the Bossman hated. And it's so good for you!

Stuffed Pepper Soup. I have tried many different recipes but this one is THE BEST! We used peppers from our own plants too.

Quinoa Confetti Salad with Sugar Snap Peas & Toasted Pepitas. I thought this was really good and fresh but again Bossman didn't like it.

And today we are trying these sweet little sandwiches!

Games: Help! I am addicted to Tsum Tsum, a little Disney app where you link lines of the same characters. 

A couple projects around the house:
New roof on the little shed
And the small extra bedroom/office/exercise room is getting a new paint job. Prairie Sage, a soft green.This is not our room just a sample I found on the internet.

Bossman had to replace the camshaft sensor yesterday on my car. Not a hard job at all. Thank goodness it was just the sensor and not the whole camshaft.


Cleo and Helen


That's about it. Life here on Peggy Ann's Porch is quite simple. Mostly filled with mundane things and seeing to Mom. Speaking of her, here's a pic of her sisters, both gone now, my cousin posted on Facebook recently...


Major decision was discussed and reached yesterday! Will share more on that soon!



Hope your having a great weekend!


Peggy Ann


9 comments:

  1. Interesting links here, Peggy. I am grateful to see your link to Moira's post on The Voice of the Corpse, because it sounds very interesting and I missed it earlier.

    The recipes sound good, too. The Stuffed Pepper Soup sounds perfect. I don't think my husband would like the Tomato Basil Chicken Stew either, but maybe if I cut the tomatoes in half it would be ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the soup as the rice is kept separate and spooned on top. It gets to 'puffy' in the left overs when added to the soup! The Voice of the Corpse arrived today, Tracy! Looks so good. Those Dover books are sturdy little books.

      Delete
  2. We love stuffed pepper soup...have you tried stuffed cabbage soup, too?

    Vicky is finding real estate for us...I had no clue she wrote mysteries, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made stuffed cabbage soup, Patty. I love Rachel Rays Stuffed Cabbage Stoup. I didn't know Vicky sold real estate!

      Delete
  3. Just pinned the Tomato Basil Chicken Stew - it sounds delicious! I'm reading an Agatha Christie now to kick off RIP IX, a Murder is Announced. Any time a major decision is reached, it is a relief for me... glad you've made one. Will be curious to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay cool. Don't know how anyone cooks in hot weather. I keep it all down to cold food, like salads and sandwiches, fruit, etc.

    Vicki who is being discussed?

    Like the prairie sage a lot. If I were having a room painted, I'd go with that, but a white ceiling and trim.
    Sage is a terrific color; most people like it and it's very tranquil, like a field of green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Vicki Doudera, a cosy mystery writer from Maine, Kathy. She wrote the book on Moving to Maine. I guess I forgot to mention the author of that book. Sorry!

      I like the sage paint too. My husband picked it out as it's 'his' room but I steered him towards something that matched the curtains so I wouldn't have to get new ;)

      Delete
  5. Will it surprise you to know that I have a copy of the moving to Maine book, too? Maybe we'll be neighbors one day!

    My dining room and living room, which are separated by an open archway, are painted sage green. It's a great color that goes with so many other colors. I consider it a lovely neutral. We obviously have similar tastes!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...