'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, August 18, 2014

New Book set in Scotland

This new release was brought to my attention today. Thought you might be interested too! Historical fiction set in Scotland. Counts for the Read Scotland Challenge!


Set in 13th century Scotland. The son of the murdered Earl of Ross, is a fugitive when his family, rival claimants for Scotland's crown, are declared traitors. Influenced by MacBeth and the writting of Nigel Tranter it is a tale of high drama and suspense.

Read about the author here

Get the book...
US  
UK

 

2 comments:

  1. I like Scotland as a setting primarily because I was fortunate enough to visit there years ago and found it to be the most romantic setting I could imagine. I've always wondered by more honeymooners don't go to Scotland rather than the usual beach side resort. The highlands, especially, are SO atmospheric, it's like being wrapped in the mists of time. Sigh. For me this is very romantic stuff. Anyway, Peggy have you ever read any of D.E. Stevenson's work? (You may have mentioned it and I've just forgotten - forgive me if that's the case.) She sets so many of her stories in and/or around Scotland. In a lot of her books, the story begins someplace else but winds up in Scotland - or so it seems. VERY enjoyable and beautifully written stories.

    '...influenced by MacBeth...' Sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read Stevenson YET, Yvette. I have a couple on the shelf and plan on reading at least one for the Read Scotland Challenge. She is Scottish. I am planning on going to Scotland and am really looking forward to it. Just afraid I may forget to come home! This author has offered me a copy of the book to read!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...