'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Sunday, July 6, 2014

Song for Sunday

 

Grace Like Rain by Todd Agnew
written by Todd Agnew/John Newton

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see so clearly

Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away

When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing Your praise
Than when we first begun

Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away,
Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, their washed away
hallelujah, yah, hallelujah, yah, hallelujah, yah a-yah
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, their washed away.


Todd Agnew is one of my favorites song writers. He is real and sometimes gritty with the truth. You'll hear many more by him on Song for Sunday. This one in particular I saw him sing live at an outdoor festival. A beautiful sunny day and when he stepped on stage and started to play this song it started to rain a gentle cool refreshing rain! It was amazing! It truly felt like God was shower us in his grace and became an anchor point in my life. Hope you enjoy it! 

Of course I think everyone is familiar with John Newton's song Amazing Grace! No other piece of music like it, have you heard it on the bagpipes? John Newton has a wonderful story. He was a slave trader! Read his story here and check out this great site with lots of info and fun things about him and Amazing Grace.

This version done by Andre Rieu is fantastic too! Starts out with full bagpipe and drums to get your attention and then adds orchestra!

So there you are sprinkled with grace for the coming week! Go out and sprinkle some on someone else!

Peggy Ann

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful word picture - grace falling like rain. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...