'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday's Muddle

It's been awhile since I did a muddle!
Do you love books AND like cookies? You might want to check this out!

I started reading Mary Hocking's Good Daughters last week. Heavenali is doing a remember Mary in the month of June and I have the trilogy so thought I would join in. But I just couldn't get into it right now. I kept longing to go back to my Scotland reads. So I finally just put it back on the shelf and started Jessica Stirling's Treasures on Earth, the first in a trilogy. Really enjoying it! I have book 2, but will have to find book 3.
Check out The Crime Vault, the place to find great crime and thriller ebooks! Or just new to you authors to look for.

These Recipe Nutrition Calculators might come in handy! I think I like My Fitness Pal better than Spark Recipe's

Here's a good chuckle for you! A guinea pig interview:)

Have you read any of Mrs. Oliphant's books? She's a Scottish writer from the 1800's. Wrote more than 120 books! I've read The Library Window and Have a reprint of Stories of the Seen and Unseen on my shelf to read. Project Gutenberg just made available the third and last volume of A House on the Moors available for free on ebook. Sounds good! I'm downloading it to my iPad! Read the synopsis here.

I'm looking forward to reading The Country of the Pointed Firs by Sarah Orne Jewett. It's set in Maine, one of my favorite places and we are going again this summer after a couple of years of not going. Looking forward to the trip too! I want to live there, but the winters....

I LOVE doughnuts! Don't you? I did not know that June 6th was Doughnut day! I did stop and get Oram's doughnuts on the 7th though. Haven't had them for a long time. Delicious. I got a doughnut pan but haven't made any yet. Martha Stewart shared some great doughnut 'stuff' for the occasion...
Fried Doughnuts Doughnut making secrets A doughnut game What kind of doughnut are you?

Two other gals and I have a READ SCOTLAND Pinterest board up!

Camping time is here! Nothing says camping like S'mores. Think outside the box this year! Or you might want to try Pineapple Inside-outs! If we ever get the new travel trailer over in the driveway I'll get some pics and post for you!

I've been on a salad kick. Trying all kinds of salads I find on Pinterest. These are some of the ones I've made recently...
Jack's Potato Salad It was good, could have had a little more 'bite' to it for me. Kept really well in the fridge. Broccoli, Grape and Pasta Salad Made this today. Good. Corn-Avocado Salad with Black Beans and Barley
Yet to make this week: Quinoa Tabbouleh from Skinnytaste. I bought everything to make it except the quinoa! Back to the store I go.

You have to check out BookSpotting! It's an app featuring information on over 3500 books of Scottish interest, and its database can collate them by character, place, setting, author, date and theme. I love it! Read about it here and get the app here


I think I've muddled you enough for one day! Make a great week!

Peggy Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...