'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, May 19, 2014

The Waffle House

What do I love about going south? Eating at the Waffle House of course!




They make the best hashbrown potatoes in the world! And grits too! Here's my breakfast...



How many restaurants serve raisin toast?

The Waffle House was started in a suburb of Atlanta Georgia in 1955 by two neighbors who thought their neighborhood needed a good family restaurant. Almost 60 years later they have something like 1700 restaurants in 25 states. Run on the short-order concept you can watch them cooking your food. The waffle irons are always going and you can order your hashbrowns 8 different ways! Smothered, covered, chunked, diced, peppered, capped, topped and country. I eat mine straight up with lots of ketchup. Check out their menu HERE

Fun facts from their website...

They serve PER MINUTE:
• 341 Strips of Bacon • 33 Hamburgers
• 238 Orders of Hashbrowns
• 16 Texas Cheesesteaks
• 145 Waffles
• 11 Pork Chops
• 127 Cups of Coffee • 6 Chopped Steaks
• 96 Orders of Grits • 15 Chicken Breasts
• 110 Sausage Patties • 4 T-Bone Steaks
• 6 Strip Steaks

If you laid all of the Smithfield Bacon that Waffle House serves in a year end-to-end, it would wrap all the way around the equator! That's over 25,000 miles of a Bacon Belt!! If you could stack all of the Sausage Patties that Waffle House serves in one day on top of each other, it would be nearly twice the size of the World's Tallest Building, Burj Khalifa in Dubai or four times the size of the Empire State Building! Now that's a tall order! If you poured all of the cups of Coffee that Waffle House serves in one year, it would be enough to fill nearly 8 Olympic swimming pools!

Find out if there's one near you! Locator

Looks like we will have fantastic weather this week in Hilton Head S.C. Hope your having good weather where you are too!

Peggy Ann

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time in Hilton Head - such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, JoAnn. Although when your not familiar with the place its hard to find things because they are so well hidden behind trees!

      Delete
  2. It is funny, Peggy. I don't remember ever eating at a Waffle House and I grew up in the deep South (Birmingham). I am sure they had some there before I left. I think my brother has spent a lot of time there drinking coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in FL. and we never at at one but then we never did eat out! I am a potato freak and their hashbrowns are undoubtedly the BEST!

      Delete
  3. I didn't realize it was a Southern thing. Guess I'm spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have them in 25 states now Kelly and we come across one every now and then out of the south but they are predominately in the south. In South Carolina there was one at every exit on the interstate! We actually have one an hour south of us in PA. but I never get there.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...