'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Inspector Lewis and Broadchurch

I just found out this week that Inspector Lewis is coming back for an eighth season! And we all thought it was over last year! The new series will have the roles reversed though. Hathaway will be the inspector and Lewis will be called back from retirement to aid him. Read about it here. It will be on our Masterpiece Mystery this fall in the States.

And the popular UK series Broadchurch is coming back for a second season in the UK. I wish I had seen the first series:( I won't miss the second one though! I have my trusty Tunnelbear! BUT, good news for those of us here in the states without Tunnelbear, coming this fall to Fox TV is an American version, Gracepoint! And David Tennant will star in this one too! Watch a preview here. Can't wait!

Peggy Ann

12 comments:

  1. Love the series. Got addicted when I was in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! but not when I was in Melbourne:) I've never been there.

      Delete
  2. I just love David Tennant...wasn't he a Doctor Who?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he was! The one before Matt Smith I believe.

      Delete
  3. I just finished season one--I was able to get it from our interlibrary loan. It looks like the anerican one is closely following the British one.

    I am so glad that Inspector Lewis is coming back. It is a really good series. What is tunnelbear? I will have to look it up. I like Acorn. Did you see the Mr. and Mrs. Murder series from Australia? I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candyce, are you in the States? I wish I could get Broadchurch at my library! Tunnelbear is a virtual private network that let's you choose which country your computer 'appears' to be in and then you can watch all the great TV from the UK, Canada, Australia, Italy, Germany etc. there are three different plans available. I get the unlimited for $49 a year. When you renew early you get a good discount. I watch pretty much only UK TV now. I have it on my main computer and my iPad. They have an app for Linux now so you can use it on a smart TV too. I did not see Mr. & Mrs. Murder! Something I have to look into! Oh Tunnelbear is also a data encrypter and protects you as you surf the web. Check it out here https://www.tunnelbear.com

      Delete
    2. I am in the states--in PA. Our Bucks county library system had Season 1.
      Thanks for the info on tunnel bear. Oh--and let me know what you think of Mr. and Mrs. Murder. My MIL was australian so it made it special.

      Delete
    3. Got first season of Broadchurch from my library! Still looking for Mr. & Mrs.

      Delete
    4. I watched Mr. and Mrs. Murder on Acorn TV.

      Delete
  4. Before you told me about Tunnelbear, we wanted to see Broadchurch so much that we bought the episodes from iTunes. And you know what? The show was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I've been trying to decide if I should or not. I think I will! Are you watching Hinterland or Happy Valley?

      Delete
  5. YES! both. We are SO delighted with Tunnelbear. I'll email you soon about it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...