'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday Snapshot

I bought a puzzle on ebay last week. When I opened the box this is what I found...


It was like getting a gift! So pretty I hated to open it. The seller put a sweet note addressed to me telling me how much fun she had doing this puzzle and she hoped I would too. I'll definitely buy more from her! The puzzle is a Charles Wysocki 1000 piece jigsaw. You can see it here. I've wanted this one for some time because of the bookwagon! It's an old one not sold anymore. Very tickled to have gotten one complete no missing pieces!



This post is linked to Saturday Snapshot over @ West Metro Mommy Reads. To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken.

Have a good weekend!
Peggy Ann

24 comments:

  1. Its great when sellers go that extra mile to make your purchase a little more special. Enjoy the puzzle! I look forward to seeing photos of it once you are done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next winter, Sean! I'm stocking up now for next winter. We did 10 this winter. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Mu husband and I share our puzzles with our family ... they get passed around and around! What a nice Ebay seller you found!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my elderly neighbors and I do!

      Delete
  3. How thoughtful... can see why you'd want to buy from this seller again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Isn't that beautiful! And so courteous, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many of the sellers on Etsy wrap their items in pretty paper with handmade cards. It makes ordering things seem extra special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would expect it from Etsy. Was surprised at ebay sellers. Guess thats not fair is it:(

      Delete
  6. It's amazing what a difference a little extra touch can make. The puzzle is beautiful and looks challenging too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never thought of buying a puzzle on line. It looks good, and how kind of the seller to make it so special, clearly she enjoyed it. Happy puzzling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Irene! ebay is dangerous for old puzzles not sold anymore. I need to stay away!

      Delete
  8. How nice. Have you done the puzzle yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet I just got it. I will probably save it for next winter!

      Delete
  9. You have a knack for finding the bestest stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice! I enjoy puzzles, too...but I don't get to do them very often as my kids like to run off with the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely package! Isn't it nice when sellers take the time to show appreciation to their buyers? Only takes a few moments, but what an impression!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's really thoughtful of the seller. It doesn't happen often enough!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you read 'Parnassus on Wheels' by Christopher Morley, Peggy? It's a great short novel written in 1917 about a man and his bookwagon. I think it would be right up your street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not, Michelle. But I would love to read it and the Haunted Bookshop by him.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...