'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Royal Mail!

Look what arrived at my door today all the way from Scotland!
I won an autographed copy of The Hangman's Song on Twitter.
I was a bit of a Lamcam fanatic last spring!

I wasn't expecting two books! Neither of these are available in the States yet!
That's just the kind of guy James is, he's the best! Buy his books!

I'll be watching for Lamcam again this spring;)

Update: I should have mentioned what lamcam is for those of you who don't know! Thanks for bringing it to my attention Patty! Last spring James had a camera installed in his lambing pen and we could watch live. It was great fun watching the lambs being born and catching glimpses of James working with them. Many late nights tweeting with him while watching him sit and wait on a laboring ewe! Even alerted him via twitter to a ewe in distress! Isn't technology amazing? Learned a lot about lambing and sheep. Looking forward to another lambing season soon. Here is the link to the lamcam if your interested in checking on it. It isn't up and running yet this year though as of today, March 27. But he has a nice total of how many lambs were born and how many lost, male count and female count from last year.

Peggy Ann

14 comments:

  1. That means you have all three books signed then as I have the first one in Scotland waiting for you to come and pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Katrina! By the time I get there maybe I'll be able to get book four signed too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sorry, I should have put a note about that! James had a camera in the lambing pens last spring and we could watch it live. I spent hours watching lambs being born and watching James with his sheep. Lots of fun! I'm updating this post with a link. Thanks for asking Patty!

      Delete
  3. Now that is pretty neat. What a great surprise.

    They will be perfect for your Scotland Challenge. :)

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read Book of Souls last year in ebook but Hangman's Song will count towards the challenge this year!

      Delete
  4. You are really amazing! Love the story about you alerting him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Nan, Peggy. You are very definitely amazing. This author sounds like someone who leads a full sort of life - keeping sheep AND writing mysteries takes a lot of time, I would imagine.And what a nice surprise for you to receive two books from him. I love when that happens.

    I hope you kept the envelope and stamps - all the way from Scotland! I like to do that when I receive anything from overseas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Since I've been lately immersed in the books of Alexander McCall Smith, I am very attuned to all things Scottish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. James was very grateful that you were able to alert him to that sheep in distress, for once that time difference came in handy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...