'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday's Muddle

Another Monday Muddle!

Affect or Effect? I am always confused on these words, how about you? Grammar Girl to the rescue!

Are you a Stella Gibbons fan? Great news! Her family has two finished novels left unpublished at her death and they want to have them published!

Garlic Recipes!

Robert Louis Stevenson, famous Scottish writer. A new book about his relationship with is wife, Fanny is out. Read a wonderful review of 'Under the Wide and Starry Sky' here!

and since we're talking about RLS here are 7 things you probably didn't know about him!

and a book about his family and their lighthouses!

32 creative bookshelves!

For Nero Wolfe fans check out this page on the author who took over the series and watch a video about why he thinks these books are timeless.

A great tip for sewers! Easy method for gathering!
And a super fast way to hem jeans!

A delicious crockpot recipe! I've made this and its a keeper! Kansas City Sue's Chicken

Since I am trying to cut back on my time online I may not be doing Monday Muddle as a regular post. It might become a bi-monthly or monthly type of thing.

Make a great week!

Peggy Ann


11 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy just dropping by to say HI - Grammar Girl is a great book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Grammar Girl... Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll use that site a lot, JoAnn!

      Delete
  3. I love all your links but I don't blame you for wanting to spend more time reading and less online. I knew most of the RLS information, but you would expect that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funnily enough I just got a book of letters by RLS to read for your Scottish challenhe and the letters chalenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And it would surely haved helped if I'd reread that comment before pressing 'publish' LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, Cath! I understood it!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...