'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Puzzle Season is Here!

Thanksgiving is done and the dining room table is now free. That means break out the jigsaw puzzles! Long, cold evenings exercising our brains! I love this time of year.



One down - Charles Wysocki's In Spring, An Old Man's Fancy

16 to go:



I especially love doing Wysocki puzzles. There are tons of them available. I've discovered older ones, not available anymore, can sometimes be found on EBay. Dangerous, I know. I just got 8 that way. So with the help of this list at Puzzle History my goal is to collect as many as I can. Some of the more rare ones will be too expensive of course. Check out the final bid on Take Out Window!
$281!!!

Do you have a particular artist or type of puzzle you like doing? Where do you do your puzzles?

Peggy Ann

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's not just me with piles of jig-saws like that. I haven't done any since the Spring but will be off again soon. I rather the like the Thomas Kincade puzzles, though some are slightly too chocolate-boxy for me. The quality of the pieces is always very good too. I love the artwork of Charles Wysocki, I did a x-stitch of one of his farm scenes for my friend in Pittsburgh and she gave me one his puzzles in return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was afraid of the Kinkade puzzles at first Cath! Thought they would be too hard but we've done one and it was pretty fun so there are 2 more in my pile. I don't like doing them alone though. Need hubby's help on it. I saw a new to me puzzle artist this last weekend, Douglas Laird. I am hoping to get some of his to try. Especially this one! http://www.cobblehillpuzzles.com/product.php?puzzle=51700-the-old-mill-pond

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relaxing hobby. I don't think it would be worth trying with my cats around, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Wysocki puzzle, it looks so olde worlde American!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some bits of the Kincade ones can be quite tricky, but they're worth it as they look so pretty when they're done. I absolutely *love* the Douglas Laird one. That artist is new to me. What a pity we're not neighbours, we could have such fun swapping puzzles... and books of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a jigsaw puzzle app for my iPad...I love it...when I am not playing Scramble...lol...I do puzzles...it's relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel incomplete that I didn't get to finish it with you...like I have a puzzle piece missing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we all have a puzzle piece missing! I can say that to you since your related to me:) love you!

      Delete
  8. We usually do one between Christmas and New Year, never a particular theme. I do like the ones you can get with maps of continents/world/countries - they are probably less challenging than other puzzles though>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've never done a map one, Col. Will have to try one.

      Delete
  9. Wentworth puzzles are amazing, though pricey. A friend in England first showed them to me. You can find them on ebay, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely be looking into them, Kristi. Thanks!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...