'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday's Muddle


Hello there! Welcome to another Monday! Have you ever seen a dird? They are amazing! Probably one of the coolest things I've seen this week!

Poo-Pourri, yep, it's a real product. I thought it was a joke the first time I saw it so I checked it out and its real!

Times Past Old Time Radio. I just read 'The Old Man in the Corner' by Baroness Orczy. When I was looking for a pic of the book cover I came across an old broadcast of this book done by the BBC in drama form on the radio. The Teahouse Detective You can listen to it online or download it to your computer. I've enjoyed listening to it after I read the book. Nice site!

Norman Maclean is the author of A River Runs Through It. I have never read anything by him myself. I did see the movie made from the book. He also is known for a book Young Men and Fire, a deeply personal investigative account of a deadly forest fire, published posthumously. I think I would like to read that one as my youngest son was a wild-fire firefighter one season. Quite an experience! The pics he brought home were amazing! But I digress...University of Chicago Press is offering for free, the month of December, a collection of Maclean's unpublished manuscripts, essays and papers. It is in ebook form and will work on all devices except Kindle. Check it out HERE

When you think of Christmas you think of spices and gingerbread! HERE are some excellent ginger recipes for the holidays!

This is a book I've been wanting to read and finally requested it from my library! Looking forward to it for next week. Set in Maine!

But this commercial is my all time favorite thing I saw online lately. I adore it! This is old news to those of you from the UK but for us in the states - enjoy!
Introducing Socks, the Shetland pony! Filmed on the Shetland Islands.


I watched it so much when the kids were home they thought I was crazy! I love how he shakes his head back and the hair blows out of his eyes and the way he clicks those front feet to take off dancing. There's a new Christmas one out now too watch it HERE I know, I know, it takes simple things to amaze simple minds:)

Make a great week and watch Socks when you need a smile!
Peggy Ann

8 comments:

  1. Oh my that book sounds so good...I am tempted to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See if your library has it. The Philadelphia Free Library might have it in ebook. Are you signed up there for a card, Patty? Anyone in PA. can get it. They have a large selection of audio and ebooks!

      Delete
  2. LOL - as they say! I love the Shetland jumper/sweater just glimpsed on another pony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've seen these on your TV haven't you? Oh I forgot you don't watch the stations with commercials much. See what your missing?

      Delete
  3. Yes, I've seen a dird before...kinda freaky! And I heard about poo purri a few years ago.

    Socks is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freaky but beautiful in a weird way, Vicki:)

      Delete
  4. I've had a copy of that Orczy book for eons. I really do need to crack it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, Peggy Ann. The dancing pony. Simply adorable. :) Thanks for the gingerbread link too. Christmas time is the only time I think of eating gingerbread of course.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...