'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday's Muddle

A muddle is a miscellany, an unorganized mixture of various dissimilar items or elements.

I'm a little late getting this up, Sorry! Its been hectic with the holiday and all. Hope everyone had a nice one! We did, the kids got home for it which is unusual and I thoroughly enjoyed having them here! Its so quiet and lonesome when they go home though.

We went to the movies on Friday and saw Disney's new movie Frozen. Good fun! I adored Sven the reindeer!

My French Silk pie (a recipe from Pinterest) didn't set up and we had to eat it with a spoon but it was delicious!

On to our links...

a little list of books for the Read Scotland challenge! 

Breaking up with books is hard to do!

The Cookery Shelf at Project Gutenberg

A book I have to read!

Patricia Highsmith is to become a Virago Modern Classic

Sweden is closing prisons! Do they have the answer?

What reader species are you?

And that's all folks for this week!
Make it a great one!

Peggy Ann




5 comments:

  1. Nice post.

    I went to the movies last nigh and saw The Book Thief. It was VERY good.

    Hope you are having a good day. The sun finally came out here. :)

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    Another giveaway on my blog if you want stop by that post too.
    Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have bookmarked the Scottish books page for next year. Thanks, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. French Silk soup sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This links look interesting. Got to check some out. Have a good week Peggy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I am undecided about the kind of book person I am....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...